Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2007
OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
August 13, 2007
Officers Attending: Ken Rosenberg, Kristen McGuire-Husky, Aaron Grossman, Bruce Karney , Kim Copher, Jamil Shaikh
7:40 PM the meeting was called to order
Aaron presented the treasurers report, we currently have
- The ice cream social is mostly paid for.
- CERT will set up a table at the Ice Cream Social.
- Kristen is still working on the minutes from last month.
- The state Franchise Tax Board is asking for taxes of about $800 a year since we are not officially a non-profit.
- Ronit Bryant was in the process of asking for an exemption a few years ago, we are not sure what progress she made.
- Aaron is looking into getting 501c3 status for OMVNA so that we do not have to pay the taxes.
- We are unsure if we will have to pay the taxes that the tax board wants for the past year.
- New 8 page format is working well.
- Ken asks current board who is continuing on the board next year and who is stepping down.
- Bruce does not want to continue as newsletter editor, he may consider an at large position.
- Jamil will be stepping down.
- Kristen will be stepping down as secretary, she may consider an at large position.
- Ken is not interested in continuing as chair, although he may consider being the downtown liaison since he is now on the city downtown committee.
- Kim is stepping down.
- Aaron will continue as treasurer.
Ice Cream Social
- The Ice Cream social is mostly paid for already.
- Ken has received a waver from the city on the bounce houses since they are not normally allowed in that park.
- Paul Goldstein and his wife will staff the sign in table.
- We still need volunteers to staff the bounce houses to make sure that the kids using them have signed a waver.
- Thoughts on drafting teenagers or other volunteers from the neighborhood.
- We will need name tags for the OMVNA board. Aaron will print some out on his computer.
- The board will be roaming and help out as needed.
- Jamil has made sings to place around the neighborhood informing people about the social. He will distribute them to the board to place.
- Aaron will buy jugs of water and cups for the CERT table.
- Friends of the Steven’s Creek Trail will have a table.
- Ken received an e-mail from Janet Coors about the plans to allow underage patrons at the Monte Carlo night club. She is concerned that this will cause problems with noise and rude patrons.
- Kim will look into this problem and find out the details from the city.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:48 pm
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.