Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2007
OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
July 9, 2007
Officers Attending: Kristen McGuire-Husky, Aaron Grossman, Noam Livnat, Bruce Karney , Kim Copher, Hugh Donagher
7:40 PM the meeting was called to order
- Minutes approved from June.
- Question about the minutes from April, Kristen will investigate.
Thursday Night Live
- Peter Skinner from the city discusses the closure of Castro Street to traffic for the “Thursday Nigh Live” events.
- The street will be closed from 3 PM to 11 PM.
- The Central Business Association is planning the event.
- It will be paid for out of the city budget.
- The city will see how it goes before making this an ongoing event.
- It will be a community focused event with no drinking or amplified music.
- Bruce Karney suggests setting up a survey to find out what the neighbors think of the event.
Aaron presented treasurers report, we currently have
Ice Cream Social
- The Ice Cream social is mostly paid for already.
- Kim will ask Margaret Abe Koga about community tables.
- Aaron suggested the idea of having an OMVNA branded give away. The idea was rejected.
- Twee Twee the clown is confirmed. Jamil is coordinating.
- Aaron is taking care of the deposit for the ice cream truck.
- Astro Jump is already paid for.
- Bruce questioned the need for more insurance for the Astro Jump.
- Kim will contact the fire and police department to request that they bring out a truck for the kids to see.
- Ken will work with the city to make sure the electricity is turned on at the park.
- Aaron will provide water and cups. The idea of soda is rejected.
- Kim will find give away toys for the games.
- Noam volunteered to clean up and take pictures of the event.
- Aaron will get tickets to use for ice cream.
- Will set up a table at the Ice Cream Social to try to recruit new members and inform the neighborhood about CERT.
OMVNA Mailing Address
- The mailbox that has been listed as the OMVNA mailing address and is owned by someone else it may become available to us soon as the owner has moved out of the neighborhood.
- It would cost $40 a year.
- We will need to file taxes since we do not have non-profit status.
- Bruce will investigate non-profit status.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:00 pm
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.