Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2007
OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
March 12, 2007
Officers Attending: Ken Rosenberg, Kristen McGuire-Husky, Aaron Grossman, Jamil Shaikh, Bruce Karney
Joe Sparaco, Soap Box Derby
Chris Harris, Soap Box Derby
Scott Ward, Classic Communities Inc.
7:35pm meeting was called to order
- Minutes approved from February approved
- Minutes from December approved
Hugh Donagher is proposed to replace Margaret Abe-Koga as the new member at large. Margaret resigned at the start of the New Year.
The Motion by Bruce Karney to fill vacant position with Hugh Donagher is unanimously approved by the board.
Aaron presented treasurers report, we currently have
Silicon Valley Soap Box Derby
- Joe Sparaco discusses the plans for soap box derby in Mountain View. He used to run a derby in Palo Alto.
- Chris Harris will run operations for the derby; he has lots of experience running derbies. Dana Street hill is perfect location for a derby.
- The derby cars will be checked for safety and the street will be lined with hay bales to ensure that no one is hurt.
- The Landels school parking lot on Dana St. will be used for staging and to host tents and booths.
- The derby will set up very early in the morning, and have Dana St between highway 85 and Calderon closed off most of the day. Neighbors who need access will be allowed through, other traffic will be diverted.
- The derby officials want the OMVNA to get the word out it so they have a good crowd to watch.
- Bruce asked about the deadline to enter the derby, there is no hard deadline, but they need to build a car it must pass inspection on the day of the derby.
- They are also looking for volunteers.
- More information can be found on their website at: www.svsbd.com.
Scott Ward, Classic Communities
- Classic Communities is working on developing a plan for a new development at Calderon and Evelyn. The site for the development is bound by Evelyn, Calderon, Villa, and Minton’s Hardware on the West. It does not include the buildings on the corner of Villa and Calderon, including La Fiesta.
- This company has done many developments on Evelyn over the past few years and is familiar with the neighborhood.
- The development will need to conform to the standards of the Evelyn avenue corridor plan that was developed several years ago.
- They hope to develop 95-100 units, a mix of condos (flats) and town homes.
- The homes will gradually reduce the height from 3 or 4 stories along Evelyn back to 2 story town homes on villa.
- The development will include a new city street through the middle of the development to break up the long block.
- The steering committee expressed their support for the project.
April General Meeting
- Discussion about April 29th general meeting where Twana Karney has volunteered to give a presentation on global warming.
- The Board discussed where to have the presentation, proposed locations included; city hall, the senior center, library meeting room, outside amphitheater, police station.
- The presentation will be a 1 hour slide show with Q & A time. There will also be time for OMVNA business at the April general meeting.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:00 pm
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.