Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2006
OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
April 10, 2006
Ken Rosenberg, Meridith Segall, and Kim Copher
Officers Not Attending:
Megan Pecson, Aaron Grossman, Margaret Abe-Koga, Nikol Jackson, Jamil Shaikh
7:40pm meeting was called to order
- Minutes for March were not approved because there was no quorum.
- OMVNA: $8,456.38 CERT: $112.73 Total: $8,569.11
- New Mountain View Market bought an ad in the newsletter for $360.00
- 220 View Street development final design has been approved and awaits City Council approval.
- Suggested strategy for downtown train station unused space is put in retail business such as a café, shop etc.
- There was a public hearing for consideration of zoning in various areas of Mountain View which will change current R3 to R4 zoning allowing 60 units per acre creating higher density housing in those areas.
- Megan has decided to stay on as Editor of the newsletter as a member of an Editorial Committee which will consist of the Chairman of OMVNA, the Treasurer of OMVNA, the Editor and another member who is as yet to be determined. That seat is currently open to those interested in volunteering.
- Goals and duties of the Editorial Committee will be to assist the Editor in soliciting articles, to establish roles, and to create processes for problem resolution. Editor will copy edit. Treasurer will be responsible for advertising. Past editors will pass on written tools/tricks for Editor.
- General Meeting planning was based on a list of items from Margaret Abe-Koga.
- All volunteers should be at Landels Elementary School at 1:15 pm to help set-up.
- There will be a participant registration sheet and a general sign-in sheet for community members.
- All Steering Committee members are to sign people up for the showcase.
- The next newsletter will feature an ad for the General Meeting.
- The professionals signed up so far consist of: a Realtor, a Financial Advisor, an Artist, Health Products Vendor, a Piano Teacher, a Personal Trainer, a Consultant, a Doctor, a Midwife, a Lawyer, a Jewelry Maker and a Message Therapist.
Meeting Adjourned 8:35 pm
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.