Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2006
OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
November 13, 2006
Call to Order 7:35 pm
Ken Rosenberg, Meridith Segall, Aaron Grossman, Megan Pecson, Kim Copher and Margaret Abe-Koga
Officers not attending:
Margaret Abe-Koga, Megan Pecson, Kim Copher
Neighbors/Guests Attending: Kathryn Zehavi, Kristen McGuire-Husky
- Minutes from October meeting read and approved with changes.
- Treasurer’s Report: Total $7412.07, OMVNA = $7,350.89, CERT = $61.18
- One more newsletter to pay for
- Will end the year with over $7K
- Still due for reimbursement from Grant
- A few years ago the Steering Committee committed to staying at $6K by year’s end
- New Diamond ad for newsletter will run in December issue and if it goes well, we will continue it.
- Need to pay church for use and will give them $200 donation if they do not respond to our request for a bill
- Should we invite teens to join CERT for community service?
- We have one new member of CERT
- Six A-Frames stored in the CERT trailer need larger inserts with larger text and they need to be kept out longer to advertise our events
- Brainstormed events for next year. Ken asked for all of us to think of themes. The theme for all of next year to be Building Connections 3 general meetings will be under this umbrella theme. Several ideas so far: Stargazing and Hot Cocoa Could apply for a grant for block parties in OMVNA. View and then invite neighborhood to host one each until ten people use up the $,
- Could possibly obtain $ from Kiwanis Club for events
- Ken to invite someone to come to SC meeting to talk with us about stargazing
- Aaron wants us to consider who else we can invite to Steering Committee
Meeting adjourned 8:35 pm.
- GENERAL MEETING- for the election of new steering committee members people were invited to nominate themselves.
- Flow of the meeting went well and the lightning round was a stroke of genius.
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.