Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2006
OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
January 9, 2006
Officers Not Attending
7:39 pm meeting was called to order
- November and December minutes were approved with changes. Kim will obtain October Minutes from Velva.
- DRAFT Minutes, along with Agenda, and request for Agenda Items will be submitted to steering committee members by Meridith one week prior to Board Meetings:
- 2/06/2006 is the deadline for agenda for the 2/13/06 Board Meeting and DRAFT Minutes from 1/09/06 meeting distribution.
- Comments for agenda items only due back to Meridith by 2/08/06 to be added to the Agenda and distributed to Board members by 2/09/06.
- DRAFT Minutes will still be discussed and approved at Board Meeting.
- Total=$7,861.04, OMVNA=$7,748.31, CERT=$112.73
- End of year bank balance: $6,181.00
- Projected Budget for Calendar Year 2006 was discussed. See budget distributed by Aaron Grossman for more information current/numbers.
|Projected Income:||Projected Expenses
|Newsletter Ads:||$6,000||Newsletter Costs:||$4,000
|Grants:||$1,400||Meetings and Events:||$1,600
|Total Projected Income:||$7,400||Operating Expenses:||$550
| ||Equipment Purchases:||$250
| ||Board Discretionary:||$0
| ||Total Projected Expenses:||$7,400
- Discussion about expanding general meetings to stimulate attendance ensued leaving the possibility for Community Development Grant funds for FY 2007/08.
- Kim attended the development meeting regarding the View/Dana 22 Unit Condominium complex being discussed. These units will be Spanish style two story buildings at varying heights 35-45 feet with 2.3 underground parking spaces provided per unit (this includes 7 guest spaces). Handicap accessibility is still being worked out (ramps versus lifts) Most notably the developer wants to make a single entry gated courtyard community to give privacy to the residents rather than row townhouses. There will be decks facing the street. The Homeowner’s association will have to restrict/enforce what is allowed to be stored on decks. The addition of awnings to make the property more attractive was discussed as well.
- The General meetings Scheduled for Feb.12th and May 20th have been replaced with one April 30th General Meeting from 2-4pm. This will give us time to plan, better weather, and a bigger budget for the meeting.
- The Newsletter is coming out Jan. 28th, 2006. Ken R. will schedule Newsletters for the year along with Julie Lovins.
- OMVNA talk report: 187 members to date
- We can track success of general meetings by attendance.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:02 pm.
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.