OMVNA logo

Emergency Preparedness
OMVNAtalk E-mail list
Coming Events
Meeting Minutes
Steering Committee
Heritage Homes

Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association

Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2005


OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
June 13, 2005

Officers Attending

Chair - Velva Rowell
Vice Chair - Ken Rosenberg
Treasurer - Aaron Grossman
Secretary - Kim Copher
Community Liaison - Tom Matula
Member-at-Large - Erin Sanders
Member-at-Large - Jamil Shaikh

Officers Not Attending

Newsletter - Nikol Jackson

Neighbors Attending

Ronit Bryant
David Graham


  • Kim took the Minutes during May Meeting, but did not have them with her for approval today. Kim to send for approval.

Chair Report

  • Zanotto’s Market email
    • Aaron called Rey Rodriguez to get schedule
    • Discussed how we as a group can support a Zanotto’s choice
  • Visiting Neighbor Request
    • David Graham, neighbor, interested in discussing closure of Church to thru traffic like Bryant in Palo Alto. He was referred to the Bicycle/Pedestrian Committee on City website and Monica Smith.
  • Grant’s Request (in New Business)

Treasurers Report

  • Total $8226.95, OMVNA = $7926.95, CERT = $300

CERT Update

  • New date for Radio Test 6/21 from 7-8 pm

City Report

  • Tom Matula received package and will give us the information once it is read.


  • Next Newsletter slated for July 28th

Next General Meeting

  • Discussion regarding date, themes and location
  • Ideas were for Sunday August 14th or 21st in Pioneer Park
  • Velva to determine coverage of insurance for a pet theme

Old Business

  • Bike Fair
  • Approximately 30-40 people in attendance
  • 2 Adults and 24 Children participated in Bike Training
  • 3 Police Officers and 2 Explorer Scouts assisted with Training
  • Flyer got out in the Wednesday Word that is taken home by the Slater School students, but the Spanish translation was not included.

New Business

  • OMVNA Grant Requests
    • Portable PA ($328)
    • Disaster Training ($820)
    • Neighborhood Welcome Packets ($339)
    • June 30th meeting will determine process for receipt of and reimbursement for Grants.
  • June 25th Coffee Neighborhood Leaders Meeting
    • The morning coffee is to be held at the Adobe Building at 10 am.
    • We were asked to speak on how to get neighbors involved in neighborhood associations.
    • Velva to resend email with details so that other Steering Committee board members can give input. Velva to speak at event.
  • Hope Street Trees (near post office)
    • Owner wants to remove some select trees due to fear of being sued.
    • Ronit to send out PRC agenda to all so others can attend
    • A city Arborist is needed to assess and give new report. Only 4 members of PRC so the decision was split
  • Seascapes
    • Ken agreed to write a story regarding Seascapes for the next Newsletter.
  • Monte Carlo
    • Nikol and Velva received email from Seascapes regarding male exotic dancers.
    • Ronit agreed to inquire with the city regarding zoning.
    • Ken agreed to speak to the owners of Seascapes in response to their recent email concerning the Monte Carlo.

Meeting adjourned at 8:56 pm.

Submitted by Secretary,
Kim Copher

Back to top of page

The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.
To get in touch with us:

The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.

Back to top of page

This site provided as a public service by

Last updated: 7/22/05