Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2005
OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
June 13, 2005
Chair - Velva Rowell
Vice Chair - Ken Rosenberg
Treasurer - Aaron Grossman
Secretary - Kim Copher
Community Liaison - Tom Matula
Member-at-Large - Erin Sanders
Member-at-Large - Jamil Shaikh
Officers Not Attending
Newsletter - Nikol Jackson
- Kim took the Minutes during May Meeting, but did not have them with her for approval today. Kim to send for approval.
- Zanotto’s Market email
- Aaron called Rey Rodriguez to get schedule
- Discussed how we as a group can support a Zanotto’s choice
- Visiting Neighbor Request
- David Graham, neighbor, interested in discussing closure of Church to thru traffic like Bryant in Palo Alto. He was referred to the Bicycle/Pedestrian Committee on City website and Monica Smith.
- Grant’s Request (in New Business)
- Total $8226.95, OMVNA = $7926.95, CERT = $300
- New date for Radio Test 6/21 from 7-8 pm
- Tom Matula received package and will give us the information once it is read.
- Next Newsletter slated for July 28th
Next General Meeting
- Discussion regarding date, themes and location
- Ideas were for Sunday August 14th or 21st in Pioneer Park
- Velva to determine coverage of insurance for a pet theme
- Bike Fair
- Approximately 30-40 people in attendance
- 2 Adults and 24 Children participated in Bike Training
- 3 Police Officers and 2 Explorer Scouts assisted with Training
- Flyer got out in the Wednesday Word that is taken home by the Slater School students, but the Spanish translation was not included.
- OMVNA Grant Requests
- Portable PA ($328)
- Disaster Training ($820)
- Neighborhood Welcome Packets ($339)
- June 30th meeting will determine process for receipt of and reimbursement for Grants.
- June 25th Coffee Neighborhood Leaders Meeting
- The morning coffee is to be held at the Adobe Building at 10 am.
- We were asked to speak on how to get neighbors involved in neighborhood associations.
- Velva to resend email with details so that other Steering Committee board members can give input. Velva to speak at event.
- Hope Street Trees (near post office)
- Owner wants to remove some select trees due to fear of being sued.
- Ronit to send out PRC agenda to all so others can attend
- A city Arborist is needed to assess and give new report. Only 4 members of PRC so the decision was split
- Ken agreed to write a story regarding Seascapes for the next Newsletter.
- Monte Carlo
- Nikol and Velva received email from Seascapes regarding male exotic dancers.
- Ronit agreed to inquire with the city regarding zoning.
- Ken agreed to speak to the owners of Seascapes in response to their recent email concerning the Monte Carlo.
Meeting adjourned at 8:56 pm.
Submitted by Secretary,
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.
Back to top of page
This site provided as a public service by
Last updated: 7/22/05