Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2005
OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
March 14, 2005
Chair - Velva Rowell
Vice Chair - Ken Rosenberg
Treasurer - Aaron Grossman
Community Liaison - Tom Matula
Member-at-Large - Erin Sanders
Member-at-Large - Jamil Shaikh
Officers Not Attending
Secretary - Kim Copher
Newsletter - Nikol Jackson
Maria Senn, Church of Scientology
Stella Warlick, Church of Scientology
1. Introduction and Announcements
- February meeting minutes were approved.
- Velva passed out three handouts from various organizations for the group to read.
2. Treasurer's Report
- Total $6,555.14, OMVNA = $8478.38, CERT = $300, everything balances
- We’re waiting for a check from C. Chu for her advertisement.
- Ken and Aaron will do the tax forms for OMVNA prior to 4/15.
- Cuesta Park is getting a CERT program together. They contacted us to get information.
- We still need a $250 PA system. We will try for a grant to replace the system.
- CERT is now up to 38 members.
4. Newsletter Suggestions
- Restaurant corner
- Different formatting
- Who are the people on your steering committee?
5. May General Meeting
- Ken secured two policemen who will bring helmets for those children who are unable to afford them. They will talk about bike safety and rules. We will check to see if the police can perform bike helmet fittings. If not, maybe someone from a local bike store.
- Trikes and training wheels are welcome.
- Aaron arranged to have a bathroom open and will look into getting a bike sponsor and mechanic to attend.
- Velva and Aaron will arrange for insurance.
- Aaron will contact Twana to bring her fancy bike.
- Aaron will check on the status of our first aid kit.
- We will create a bilingual promotional flier to distribute at Landels.
- The events will be: helmet fitting, rodeo/adult slow race, safety (police), swap/donation, bike repair and maybe a unicycle.
- Need volunteers for: bike swap, rodeo, bike repair/maintenance, serve cookies and ice cream. Erin will send an email asking for volunteers.
Meeting adjourned at 8:50 pm.
Submitted by Secretary,
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.