Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2005
OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
October 10, 2005
Treasurer - Aaron Grossman
Secretary - Kim Copher
Community Liaison - Tom Matula
Member-at-Large - Erin Sanders
Officers Not Attending
Chair - Velva Rowell
Vice Chair - Ken Rosenberg
Newsletter - Nikol Jackson
Member-at-Large - Jamil Shaikh
Margaret Koga, Todd & Elizabeth Turnidge
Paul Goldstein, Kiwanis
- Minutes read and approved.
- Mountain View Chamber of Commerce Membership
- $150 for membership renewal. Approved.
- $115 for Leadership Mountain View. Approved.
- Nick Gallioto December 31st. Appointment for representation of downtown committee
- Total 7445.32, OMVNA = $7215.86, CERT = $229.46
- CERT at 38 members
- Aaron discussed HAM radio training and explained the merits of it. Trainings and incident command discussion.
- Tim Johnson purchased our old radio and we bought a new radio.
- Aaron stated that donations have aided our CERT program
- City Council meeting 10/18 at 5 pm.
- Last phase of Historic Preservation. They are hiring a consulting firm to list all of the historic homes in the area.
- No agenda received yet.
- Paul Goldstein of MV Kiwanas (and neighbor on Mercy Street)
- Paul joined us to let us know of monies that are available from the Kiwanas Club for local non-profit organizations. He wanted to know if we were interested in being recipients of said funds.
- Aaron expressed that he didnít believe we were in need of the money given our current budget and that there were certainly other organizations that could benefit from the donation.
- It was determined that we as a group would discuss this at the next meeting.
- General Meeting Agenda
- Date is November 13th at Landels School. Time is 1pm-3pm.
- Set-up:Aaron, Velva, Margaret, Kim
- Food and drinks: Aaron
- Velva to run the meeting
- Advertising: OMVNA newsletter, Ken to send a "save the date" email, Landels Wednesday Word.
- Clean-up: Erin, Tom
- Signs up 2 weeks in advance: Jamil
- Expenses estimated at $85. Approved
- Printing production $25
- Food & drinks $25
- Babysitter $25
- Art projects for children $10
Meeting adjourned at 9:04 pm.
Submitted by Kim Copher, Secretary
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.