Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2004
OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
September 13, 2004
Chair - Ronit Bryant
Vice-Chair - Monica Smith
Treasurer - Aaron Grossman
Secretary - Claire Silver
Newsletter - Velva Rowell
Member-at-Large - Ken Rosenberg
Member-at-Large - Erin Sanders
Officers Not Attending
Community Liaison - Tom Matula
1. Introductions and Announcements
- Sept 30 is the application deadline for city of Mountain View commission positions.
- The Historic Preservation ordinance and NDO were passed by the City Council. The ordinance does not conform to state framework and the city will revisit the issue in the future.
- Ronit reported on a Monte Loma neighborhood ice cream social which was very well attended. City council candidates were present with info tables. A great idea for the future.
- A potential insurance issue was brought up. The OMVNA has agreed to sponsor the Dutch Haven neighborhood assoc. They were refereed to us by the UNSCC. This brought our attention to future insurance issues that may arise from sponsoring events where food is served.
- Our non-profit status/paperwork should be completed in Nov.
2. Approval of Minutes
- Minutes approved with changes.
3. CERT and Treasurer's Report
- Total $5130.21 (CERT 121.66) (OMVNA $5008.55).
- Ronit delivered grant checks to Aaron.
- CERT members now total 37. Carolyn Luttiken is starting CERT training.
- CERT will need additional funds this fall (Aaron will revisit this at future meetings).
- We reviewed the CERT map and noticed there were no volunteers in the Minton area. Ken has access to a neighborhood email list and will try to recruit a new member in this area.
- Ronit will post the map online.
- There is a fire extinguisher refill day at the MV fire station. OMVNA talk will make an announcement.
4. October Candidate Forum Meeting
- All candidates accepted the invitation to the forum except Margaret Abe-Koga. She will try to send a representative.
- Childcare services and insurance requirements were discussed.
- Set-up and refreshments were discussed.
- Bruce Karney will introduce and moderate the event and the OMVNA elections will be held first.
5. Welcome Packages
- Erin presented a mock-up of the packages and they looked very nice. They are almost $5 each which is too expensive for our budget. The tree guide is a bulk of the cost. Erin to look for alternatives. Monica volunteered her husband to provide Photoshop help.
- The introduction letter was reviewed and it was suggested to include a CERT map and info.
- Erin will apply for a city grant next year. She will try to get by with $100 for the rest of 2004.
6. Save the Bay
- Save the Bay requested a contribution for a MV VOICE ad to promote the clean-up of the Moffett Superfund site.
- It was moved to give them $150. The motion passed
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm.
Claire Silver, Secretary
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.
Back to top of page
This site provided as a public service by
Last updated: 11/9/04