Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2004
OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
July 12, 2004
Vice-Chair - Monica Smith
Secretary - Claire Silver
Newsletter - Velva Rowell
Member-at-Large - Ken Rosenberg
Community Liaison - Tom Matula
Officers Not Attending
Chair - Ronit Bryant
Treasurer - Aaron Grossman
Member-at-Large - Erin Sanders
Bruce Karney, Jamil Shaikh, Felicia Borrego (Save the Bay)
1. Introductions and Announcements
- There were several items from the Chamber of Commerce regarding upcoming events.
2. Approval of Minutes
- Approved pending any additional input from absent board members.
3. CERT and Treasurer's Report
- Total is $5,913.33, and CERT is $227.05.
- Monica reported the City approved our two grant requests for CERT leadership training ($850) and for general meeting supplies ($538).
4. Save the Bay
- Felicia Borrego from Save the Bay provided information regarding SuperFund Site 25, which is adjacent to the Stevens Creek Trail. Save the Bay is asking the Navy to complete the clean-up of the toxic waste in this site. OMVNA discussed support of this effort. It was generally agreed that this enhances the quality of life in OMV. We voted to support and endorse the clean-up with one member abstaining. Monica will write a piece for the newsletter and OMVNA will be added to the list of organizations endorsing the Site 25 clean-up effort.
5. Nominating Committee Update
- Bruce Karney presented the latest information regarding the 2005 OMVNA Board. Ronit, Monica and Claire are resigning. Velva agreed to be Chair, Tom will continue as Community Liaison and Ken will be Vice-Chair. We discussed potential leads for neighborhood candidates.
6. Historic Preservation Update
- There was no update in lieu of Tomís absence during the last City Council study session. We had a general discussion of NDOs (Neighborhood Design Overlays) versus historic preservation.
7. October General Meeting/Candidate Forum
- The next meeting is planned for Wednesday October 20th. It will be a forum for candidates running for city council. It is too close to the election date to have a table for voter registration. Ken will check with the League of Women Voters to see if we can publicize any voter registration events in our area.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm.
Claire Silver, Secretary
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.