OMVNA logo

Home
About OMVNA
Emergency Preparedness
Newsletter
OMVNAtalk E-mail list
Coming Events
Meeting Minutes
Steering Committee
Heritage Homes
Links
Advertisers

Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association

Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2004

 


OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
May 10, 2004

Officers Attending

Chair - Ronit Bryant
Treasurer - Aaron Grossman
Newsletter - Velva Rowell
Community Liaison - Tom Matula
Member-at-Large - Erin Sanders
Member-at-Large - Ken Rosenberg

Officers Not Attending

Vice-Chair - Monica Smith
Secretary - Claire Silver

1. Introductions and Announcements

  • April meeting minutes were approved.
  • Ronit passed out three handouts from various organizations for the group to read

2. Approval of Minutes

  • Minutes were approved.

3. Treasurer's Report and CERT Update

  • Total $6,555.14, OMVNA = $6328.09, CERT = $227.05, everything balances.
  • Five volunteers are currently taking the Saturday intensive CERT training.
  • One CERT volunteer is moving out of the neighborhood.
  • It was recommended that we subscribe to ZA agenda to be aware of issues appearing before the zoning administrator in Mountain View. It is a small fee. Tom motioned and Ken seconded. The motion passed unanimously.

4. Welcome Baskets

  • We discussed the creation and distribution of welcome baskets to new neighbors. Potential items to include in the basket are: OMVNA newsletter, Chamber of Commerce Mountain View guide, A Best of Old Mountain View with categories voted on by neighbors, some human interest articles from past OMVNA newsletters, pictures from various events, statistics on Mountain View, information on OMVNATalk, and possibly some coupons from local businesses.
  • Action items: Velva will pull some human interest articles from past newsletters, Ronit will forward pictures from various events, Ken will find Mountain View statistics, and Erin will contact local businesses.

5. City of Mountain View Neighborhood Grant Application

  • The application is due on June 4, 2004.
  • Aaron has a wish list for CERT. He and Ronit will put together the application.
  • Tom will research a community-building event for the 2005 application.

6. Incorporation

  • We are formally incorporated as a CA Public Benefit Corporation. There are additional steps that need to be completed. Ken will assist Ronit. The deadline for sending in the next batch of papers is June 23, 2004.

7. Trees on Castro

  • The PRC recommended mixed planting of London planes and Chinese pistache trees.

8. Community update

  • Councilman Perry has asked for staff to research higher density housing (more than 30 units/acre).
  • The Council accepted recommendation for a 35/45-foot height maximum in Area H. Councilman Perry asked for an increase to 55 feet for the 300 block of Castro. Staff will write this up as an option.
  • The Downtown Committee is refocusing. They will now work on retail recruitment, as the Downtown Precise Plan will be complete soon.
  • There is discussion about changing the parking in lieu fee from a one-time fee to a periodic assessment. Right now the fee is zero. It is the lowest on the Peninsula.
  • The final meeting on the Downtown Precise Plan is May 25, 2004. Ronit will attend and present OMVNA recommendations of a 30/40-foot height maximum on the Hope Street side of Area J. She will also suggest that the Council look at the whole of Mountain View for higher density housing.

9. Summer General Meeting

  • The meeting is scheduled for June 12 from 1 -3 pm at Dana Park on Oak Street. The fire department will do a short presentation, give a tour and potentially provide some activity. CERT will have a table and Aaron will make a short presentation. Ronit will research having someone talk to us about how to use a fire extinguisher. Tom may lead an activity with the children. This meeting will be an ice cream social with a bring-you’re your-own-topping request.

10. Nominating Committee

  • The proposed slate will be announced by September 16, 2004, 30 days before the October meeting. The October meeting may need to be moved back from October 16.
  • The Chair position is open. The Board is to let Ronit know by the next meeting if they plan to continue as a Board member.

11. Newsletter

  • The deadline for the next issue is May 24. Ronit will write a quick report on the May 25 Council meeting and the nominating committee. Tom will send information about the Summer General meeting. Aaron will write a CERT article.

Meeting adjourned at 9:30 pm.

Respectfully Submitted,
Claire Silver, Secretary

Back to top of page


The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.
To get in touch with us:

The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.

Back to top of page


This site provided as a public service by meer.net

Last updated: 7/11/04