Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2004
OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
December 13, 2004
Chair - Ronit Bryant
Vice Chair - Monica Smith
Secretary - Claire Silver
Newsletter - Velva Rowell
Member-at-Large - Ken Rosenberg
Member-at-Large - Erin Sanders
Officers Not Attending
Community Liaison - Tom Matula
Kim Copher, Nikol Jackson,Jamil Shaikh
1. Introductions and Announcements
2. Approval of Minutes
3. CERT and Financial Report
- Total $6522.70, CERT .55.
- Save the Bay donation – check never sent. Board requested that Aaron send the check for $100 as a donation from OMVNA.
- CERT is out of funds and has lost two members. Aaron will move for more funding next month.
- Jan 8th is the annual CERT meeting/training.
4. Delegation of Responsibilities
- 2004 Chair, Ronit delegated the following tasks:
- OMVNATALK group email: chair is owner/moderator (Velva) and newsletter editor is back-up moderator (Nikol)
- Ronit to remain manager of web site
- OMVNA signs: Jamil
- Chamber keys: Velva
- Event insurance: Velva
- UNSCC representation:- ?
- Yahoo group: Ken to create
- Tax exemption status: Ken
- OMVNA files: Claire to transfer boxes to Kim
5. Newsletter Schedule
- Velva, Nikol and Julie Lovins (Newsletter Delivery) created a 2005 schedule. Tentative dates are January 20th, March 10th, April 21st or 28th, June 9th, July 28th, September 15th, October 27th, December 8th.
- General Meeting 2005 tentative dates are, February 5th, May 7th or 14th, August 6/7th or 13/14th, November 5th.
6. General Meeting Suggestions
- Review OMVNA goals at next meeting (February). Clarify we are not just for homeowners.
- Future meeting suggestions; garden walk, skills sharing, native plants, petting zoo, Google author, child and infant CPR, parenting talks, storytelling. (Many ideas focused on the need to focus on young parents to interest many neighbors.)
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Claire Silver
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.