OMVNA logo

Home
About OMVNA
Emergency Preparedness
Newsletter
OMVNAtalk E-mail list
Coming Events
Meeting Minutes
Steering Committee
Heritage Homes
Links
Advertisers

Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association

Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2004

 


OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
November 8, 2004

Officers Attending

Chair - Ronit Bryant
Treasurer - Aaron Grossman
Community Liaison - Tom Matula
Member-at-Large - Ken Rosenberg

Officers Not Attending

Vice-Chair - Monica Smith
Secretary - Claire Silver
Newsletter - Velva Rowell
Member-at-Large - Erin Sanders

Neighbors

New boardmember Kim Copher

1. Introductions and Announcements

  • Next newsletter articles due Wednesday November 12th. Ronit to email Velva with correct date.
  • Ronit will send letter to reappoint Tom Matula as OMVNA rep to the Downtown Committee.
  • Viewed Welcome packages.

2. Approval of Minutes

  • Minutes approved.

2. CERT and Treasurer's Report

  • Total $6855.09 (CERT $6.98) (OMVNA $6848.11).
  • $310.87 left to pay Newsletter.
  • Velva's suggestion for an extra newsletter brought in additional revenue ($2435 net profit).
  • Aaron to send financial data for the last 12 months to all on the Board.
  • CERT members now total 39.
  • CERT plan to stock backpacks for 5 people.
  • Ronit secured Training Grant good through June for 2 trainings. 1st training January 8th. 1 hour meeting. 2 hour drill with stations.
  • CERT map to be updated by Aaron.

3. 2004 In Review

Accomplishments

  • We are meeting our purpose to benefit the community.
  • General meeting was successful.
  • CERT has grown.
  • CERT has money for formal trainings.
  • Candidate night (10/20) great turn-out.
  • Ice cream social at the firehouse was successful.
  • OMVNATalk List has grown to 129 members.
  • Provided imput for retail space at California & Bryant.
  • Proud of donation to Measure J.
  • Ken's work to invest and create a policy to return some of our profits to the community.
  • 'Welcome Packets' to the neighborhood.
  • Fun at the Talent Show - thanks Velva!.

Didn't accomplish as much as hoped in the Update to the Downtown Precise Plan. Need to track the city more closely. Currently only one person as a liaison - need a group so we are always represented. Ronit suggested a more formalized agenda for checking on various city agendas (ie PRC, EPC, Zoning Administration, Development Review Board, etc).

Suggestions

  • We should focus on becoming the resource that people understand. We should participate at a greater level. We should be the "go to" group or the group leading the charge.
  • Ideas should be followed through to fruition. Recommend that we have Champions of ideas.
  • We want that small-town feel - Tom.

Meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm.

Respectfully submitted,
Kim Copher, Secretary-elect

Back to top of page


The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.
To get in touch with us:

The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.

Back to top of page


This site provided as a public service by meer.net

Last updated: 1/10/05