Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2004
OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
November 8, 2004
Chair - Ronit Bryant
Treasurer - Aaron Grossman
Community Liaison - Tom Matula
Member-at-Large - Ken Rosenberg
Officers Not Attending
Vice-Chair - Monica Smith
Secretary - Claire Silver
Newsletter - Velva Rowell
Member-at-Large - Erin Sanders
New boardmember Kim Copher
1. Introductions and Announcements
- Next newsletter articles due Wednesday November 12th. Ronit to email Velva with correct date.
- Ronit will send letter to reappoint Tom Matula as OMVNA rep to the Downtown Committee.
- Viewed Welcome packages.
2. Approval of Minutes
2. CERT and Treasurer's Report
- Total $6855.09 (CERT $6.98) (OMVNA $6848.11).
- $310.87 left to pay – Newsletter.
- Velva's suggestion for an extra newsletter brought in additional revenue ($2435 net profit).
- Aaron to send financial data for the last 12 months to all on the Board.
- CERT members now total 39.
- CERT plan to stock backpacks for 5 people.
- Ronit secured Training Grant good through June for 2 trainings. 1st training January 8th. 1 hour meeting. 2 hour drill with stations.
- CERT map to be updated by Aaron.
3. 2004 In Review
- We are meeting our purpose to benefit the community.
- General meeting was successful.
- CERT has grown.
- CERT has money for formal trainings.
- Candidate night (10/20) great turn-out.
- Ice cream social at the firehouse was successful.
- OMVNATalk List has grown to 129 members.
- Provided imput for retail space at California & Bryant.
- Proud of donation to Measure J.
- Ken's work to invest and create a policy to return some of our profits to the community.
- 'Welcome Packets' to the neighborhood.
- Fun at the Talent Show - thanks Velva!.
Didn't accomplish as much as hoped in the Update to the Downtown Precise Plan. Need to track the city more closely. Currently only one person as a liaison - need a group so we are always represented. Ronit suggested a more formalized agenda for checking on various city agendas (ie PRC, EPC, Zoning Administration, Development Review Board, etc).
- We should focus on becoming the resource that people understand. We should participate at a greater level. We should be the "go to" group or the group leading the charge.
- Ideas should be followed through to fruition. Recommend that we have Champions of ideas.
- We want that small-town feel - Tom.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm.
Kim Copher, Secretary-elect
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.