Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Steering Committee Minutes for 2004
OMVNA Steering Committee Meeting
October 11, 2004
Chair - Ronit Bryant
Vice-Chair - Monica Smith
Treasurer - Aaron Grossman
Newsletter - Velva Rowell
Community Liaison - Tom Matula
Member-at-Large - Erin Sanders
Officers Not Attending
Secretary - Claire Silver
Member-at-Large - Ken Rosenberg
1. Approval of Minutes
- Minutes approved with one change:Margaret Abe-Vigoda to Margaret Abe-Koga.
2. Treasurer's Report
- Special newsletter cost $478.66, additional income from ads > $2000
- $540 more income from ads coming
- 39 members
- Enough CERT money for 5 more new member packs; new board to approve transfer of money into CERT
4. Welcome Packages
- Velva recommended selling space on back of 3 page welcome newsletter. Erin suggested $25-$50/ad;will look into final cost of pack to determine ad rate.
- Ronit suggested adding useful phone numbers or internet addresses to fill space not filled by ads.
5. California-Bryant Parking Garage
- City Council meeting on Tues at 6:30. Ronit or another OMVNA member to attend to monitor council discussions.
6. Candidate Forum
- 7:30 Meeting start; try for 9:00 finish.
- Only 1 confirmed babysitter; Velva to follow up on others.
- Ronit followed up on insurance with no response; assume everything is fine.
- Aaron to get sodas, cups, napkins, portable PA.
- Meeting will start with elections.
- Opening statements: 2 min/each
- 3x5 cards for questions
- Closing statements: 1 min/each
7. Debrief from Last Year
- Steering committee to start thinking of input/suggestions for incoming committee to share during Nov or Dec meeting.
- Tom to subscribe to City Council agendas and find subjects of interest, coordinate OMVNA representation when needed.
8. Non-profit Status
- Ronit is concerned about income; if we go over $10,000 income, need to fill out additional paperwork. Aaron said OMVNA income $2000-$3000/yr.
- Ronit to finish non-profit paperwork in Nov.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm.
Claire Silver, Secretary
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses by volunteers.|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.