Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association
Monthly Meeting Minutes for 2003
OMVNA Monthly Meeting Minutes
August 11, 2003
Chair - Ronit Bryant
Treasurer - Aaron Grossman
Newsletter - Velva Rowell
Officers Not Present
Vice-Chair - Alison Hicks
Secretary - Claire Silver
Newsletter - Lisa Windes
At-Large - Larry Rosenberg
At-Large - Julie Wrobel
Community Liaison - David Andrzejek
Note that there was no quorum at this meeting, and no formal decisions were taken.
1. Introductions and announcements
- UNSSC flyer received. They miss OMVNA attendance. 10/18 meeting.
- Webmaster is a position that has potential for inclusion on board/steering committee. Had an incident with files getting overwritten.
2. Approval of minutes
- Changes submitted to Claire for inclusion in the record for 7/11 meeting.
- No changes to General Meeting, but no quorum to approval.
3. Downtown Precise Plan
4. Treasurer's Report.
- $6,773.76 in the account ($214 in CERT account).
- Obligated for about $1000 for newsletter expenses.
- $196 Gross, $185 Net expenses for General Meeting.
- Several additional neighborhood coordinators added. Request for $500 to add to CERT budget (it’s about $80 per). Ideally, the CERT budget to stay about $250.
6. July General Meeting
- Not scheduled yet (weekend of Oct 18/19?) – early afternoon.
- 2 Newsletters prior to that meeting.
- Topics/Activities for Meeting:
- Voting on by-law change
- Electing new officers
- Bike rodeo, celebration of the newsletter deliverers, international buffet theme, trail, the parks of Old MV, CERT participation/introduction to neighbors, storytellers, open it up to the public for new neighborhood ideas/concerns.
7. Newsletter Committee
- Recruiting. A few people are interested in content/copy editing. Plenty of people contributing articles. Monica to copy edit
- Policy ideas:
- Local business
- Oriented to downtown residents
- If touting a downtown business, author needs to be identified
- Editorial committee to discuss
- Business mention to be only once in 2 years
- Newsletter deadlines. Next issue is Aug 28. Due date for submission is Aug 21. Following issue Thursday, Oct 9. Due date for submission is Oct 2.
8. 501c Status
- Ronit waiting for accounting numbers from Aaron.
- Change the by-laws
- Employer identification number
Meeting Adjourned at 9:20 pm.
Claire Silver, Secretary
Back to top of page
|The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses|
|To get in touch with us:|
The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.