OMVNA logo

Home
About OMVNA
Emergency Preparedness
Newsletter
OMVNAtalk E-mail list
Coming Events
Meeting Minutes
Steering Committee
Heritage Homes
Links
Advertisers

Old Mountain View Neighborhood Association

Monthly Meeting Minutes for 2003

 


OMVNA Monthly Meeting Minutes

July 11, 2003

Officers Attending

Chair - Ronit Bryant
Vice-Chair - Alison Hicks
Secretary - Claire Silver
Treasurer - Aaron Grossman
At-Large - Julie Wrobel

Officers Not Present

Newsletter - Lisa Windes
Newsletter - Velva Rowell
At-Large - Larry Rosenberg
Community Liaison - David Andrzejek

Visiting Members

Ken Rosenberg
Gail and Albert

1. Introductions and announcements

  • The Chamber of Commerce room will not be available for the September meetings. Ronit offered her home. (The proposed location has since changed to a picnic table at Pioneer Park.)

2. Approval of minutes

  • Several changes were suggested to the June minutes.
  • Minutes were approved with changes.

3. July General Meeting

  • Food was discussed. David’s research indicated sandwiches were expensive. Pizza or burritos were discussed as an alternative. It was decided to go with sandwiches given OMVNA’s good financial situation and the expectation that it will be very warm this weekend. Ronit volunteered to check with Nob Hill regarding sandwich trays and to encourage them to make a donation.
  • Preparation was discussed. Ronit will pick up sandwiches. Aaron will get chips, watermelons, drinks, and ice. He will replace the missing crate of paper goods.
  • Set up before the meeting. Because of the sun and heat Aaron will bring an awning, and a portable public address system for the meeting. Set-up should be before 11:30 and sandwiches delivered by 12:30. Alison, and Ronit (Cliff) will assist Aaron with set-up.

4. Treasurer's Report.

  • Aaron reviewed all items on the report.
  • Total balance is is 6958.76, (214.87 for CERT). Only $1000 of the total is committed funds for newsletter costs. Main revenue (95%) is from newsletter realtor

5. Downtown Precise Plan Meeting

  • No report from David
  • Candice Shih from the Voice contacted Ronit for her opinion on neighborhood reaction to the plan. There do not appear to be any real issues that OMV needs to take a position on at this time.
  • Alison felt there was some concern from residents regarding the lack of access to the process (notification of meetings and agendas). At the City meeting there was also discussion of concern regarding parking and possible city use of eminent domain.
  • Discussion of height zoning along Castro Street. The plan proposes four stories along Castro. Alison commented there could be conflict with smaller historic buildings if they are surrounded by taller structures, especially along the first block.

6. Amendment to Bylaws

  • The previously agreed upon change to dates of member terms of office will leave OMVNA without coverage for a month. Ronit has changed the text to remedy this gap.

7. 501c Status

  • Ronit has not received any comments on the forms previously distributed.

8. Nominating Committee

  • The nominating committee has agreed to nominate Monica Smith as Vice Chair and Ken Rosenberg as Member-At-Large.

9. Neighborhood Grants

  • The City is now accepting applications for neighborhood grants. The deadline is August 1st. An article will be put in the next newsletter to inform the neighborhood.

Meeting Adjourned at 8:40 pm.

Respectfully Submitted,
Claire Silver, Secretary

Back to top of page


The OMVNA Newsletter is published by a volunteer editorial committee & distributed to some 2400 homes and businesses
by volunteers.
To get in touch with us:

The opinions printed in this newsletter are not necessarily those of the OMVNA Steering Committee.

Back to top of page


This site provided as a public service by meer.net

Last updated: 9/25/03