Water is The Most important item!
– Store 1 gallon/person/day.
– Water filters or purification tablets are useful.
– Your hot water heater has useful water, as do toilet tanks.
– Store at least 3 meals/person/day for three days (72 hours).
– Canned, dry, powdered, or dehydrated foods (do not need refrigeration).
– High energy foods are peanut butter, jelly, nuts, and energy bars.
– Camping stoves and portableequipment are very useful but never use indoors.
– Disposable items save water.
– Don’t forget your pets.
Toilet & hygiene
– No flush if no running water! Don’t waste good water on this.
– Use trash bags or a camping portable toilet.
– Toilet paper & towels, hand disinfectant, personal hygiene products.
Warm Clothing & Bedding
– Be prepared for any season.
– Bedding or sleeping bags keep you warm at night if no gas or electricity.
Medication & First Aid
– First Aid kit, bandages, book.
– Any important medications
– If refrigeration needed, get a battery operated camping cooler for a car.
– Infant care, pet care, etc.
– Flashlight, portable radio.
– Broom, gloves, hammer, etc.
– Duck tape, rope, plastic sheeting.
Car or Office Kit:
– Water, energy bars.
– First aid kit, space blanket, whistle, money.
– Walking shoes, rain poncho/jacket, gloves.
– Flashlight, duck tape, tools, etc.
– Keep copies in a place safe from fire and water damage.
– Family, financial, legal, or key household information—you might be able to store these on a USB key.
Email List (OMVNAtalk)